Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2015

While We Wait

Oh, the making and doing, crafting and cleaning that's going on here! It's like the whole family has caught my nesting fever. I am ten days overdue, but not for lack of trying.

New lovely creations for new baby....

New skills....


New shelves....(thank you Will! Successfully crossed off list)

New chin-up bar....(this one must have been on Will's list)

Reaching it is a bit of a problem for the short people. Will basically has to hold them because even if they can do pull-ups on the monkey bars at the park, I have this rule about not falling to your death here. Not in my living room. Not before the baby comes.

New hammock...

Eeek! So exciting! This one I made myself. Seafaring Uncle and Auntie sent me a beautiful hammock from New Zealand when Raphael was born. (It's hanging in the living room) But I wanted an upstairs and a downstairs hammock. So after some reading online (there are lots of pictures of finished products, but very few instructions anywhere), studying it by eyeball, and a trip to the fabric store (3 yards of sturdy cotton) and the hardware store  (a spring, a ring, a carabiner, and a ring bolt for ceiling), I made a supersize one for our bedroom. 

I couldn't really find any step-by-step instructions online (best one is here), so I plan to make another one in the near future as a detailed tutorial. I'll make a page for it here on flying squirrel for anyone who's interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment